Join a boutique building contractor where you will continue to learn and develop your skills while working in a fast track projects from $1M – $20M
- This role is suitable for a candidate with 1- 2 years post-graduation experience
- You will be based in the office but will have regular site / project visits
- Monday – Friday (very rare to work on Saturday) Fantastic inclusive team culture
Established boutique builder who works across the commercial, fit out, interior refurbishment, retail and residential sectors are looking for a key member of staff to join an established team. This Building Contractor employs for the long term and as such they want to be able to offer a career role to anyone that joins.
They are looking for a Contract Administrator / Project Coordinator to work on projects in the $1M – $20M range. The average project size is likely to be around $3M – $5M. The role will be based in the office with regular site visits every week. The Managing Directors believe that you must visit site regularly to aid with learning and ongoing development.
Initially you will manage subcontracts, assist the Project Manager with head contract and administration on projects but also oversee quality issues on projects, assist with program and design management.
To be suitable for this role you must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary Qualified in Building or Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- A minimum of one-year post graduation experience with a building contractor. This means that you have most likely worked part time while studying and now have one or more years full time work experience in the construction industry working for a building contractor.
- Experience of assessing subcontractor variations, preparing cash flow analysis and preparing cost forecasts
- A track record of working in partnership with subcontractors
- Previous experience of working cohesively within a team
- A can-do attitude
- Strong negotiation skills
- Fantastic attention to detail
- A basic working knowledge of construction specific Acts, codes and regulations including the Building Code of Australia, Security of Payments Act and the Work Health & Safety Act.
The culture of this Building Company is very much based on working as a team and it is a great opportunity to learn and develop your skill set in an environment where you will be supported. The Company works on multiple projects concurrently and so the office is always busy and there is an industrious, fast track atmosphere. This is typically a five-day week role. It is very rare that you would ever have to work on a Saturday.
For more information please email your resume to
M: 0412 322 424
T: (02) 9664 8653
Clinton Recruitment is the preferred recruitment agency of the Master Builders Association of New South Wales.
Clinton Recruitment – Constructing Relationships that last!