Established building contractor is looking for an Junior / Intermediate Estimator to join an established team for a career role.
Absolutely terrific opportunity!
Established boutique builder who works across the commercial, industrial, hospitality, fit out, interior refurbishment, retail and residential sectors seeks a key member of staff to join an established team. This Building Contractor employs for the long term and as such they want to be able to offer a career role.
They are looking for a Junior / Intermediate Building Estimator to tender on projects in the $1M – $20M range. The average project size is likely to be around $0.5M – $5M. The role will be based in the office with regular site visits every week. The Managing Directors believe that even though you are employed as an Estimator you must visit site regularly to aid with learning and ongoing development.
60% of the projects are hard dollar tenders and they are mostly in the commercial, industrial and retail sectors. Other work includes negotiated tenders with an ongoing client who specialise in industrial and commercial design and construct projects. They also build very high end architecturally designed homes. What makes this role so interesting is the sheer diversity of the projects that you will be working on.
You will work in a supportive environment with the Chief Estimator within a small estimating team while also consulting with the site team.
They are looking for the following experience and abilities:
- Tertiary Qualified in Building or Construction Management or Quantity Surveying
- A minimum of one-year post graduation experience with a building contractor. This means that you have most likely worked part time while studying and now have one or more years full time work experience in the construction industry working for a building contractor as an Estimator.
- If you are genuine about making Estimating your career of choice and thus far have been working as a Contract Administrator your application will be considered.
- Working knowledge of Buildsoft, Microsoft, Bluebeam, MYOB and Procore would be advantageous.
- A clear and concise communication style is essential.
- A capacity to confidently build relationships with subcontractors is necessary
- An ability to communicate effectively with Architects and other stakeholders is needed
- A desire to learn from site-based observations in addition to learning in the office environment is essential
- Strong negotiation skills, an aptitude to work to deadlines, keep calm when under pressure and still complete work with a high degree of attention to detail is crucial
The atmosphere in the office is industrious and friendly, they celebrate success and are supportive to one another. This role is only suitable for someone who genuinely wants to make Estimating a long-term career, it is not a steppingstone into Project Management.
For more information please call
M: 0412 322 424
T: 02 9664 8653
Clinton Recruitment is the preferred recruitment agency of the Master Builders Association of New South Wales.
Clinton Recruitment – constructing relationships that Last!