Medium tier builder seeks an “ideas person” who has energy, drive and a genuine passion for safety to take a leadership role and truly affect outcomes
- Great platform for someone who has already ventured into a management capacity
- Predominately site-based role where you will be able to make a real difference
- Diverse range of project types.
- Considerable number of direct reports.
- Career job
Further expansion has created an opening for a Safety Manager (Construction) to fulfil an important senior position within an established medium tier builder in Sydney. This role would be an ideal platform for someone who has already ventured into a management capacity within the safety space but is looking for a career opening where they can take a true leadership role.
This building contractor is looking for an “ideas person” someone who has energy, drive and a genuine passion for safety that is infectious. Maybe you are working for a top tier contractor, a major developer or a large medium tier builder and although your job title stipulates you are a Safety Manager the reality is that you are so bogged down with administration and / or politics that you don’t get enough of an opportunity to really influence outcomes. You want to be in the driving seat and on the front line shaping the way the entire staff group, the subcontractors and clients manage and respond to safety.
Ideally you will already have had experience in a safety management role and possess the following skills & attributes:
Thorough working knowledge of the Work Health & Safety Act & Regulations
- A track record of training and developing and mentoring staff
- Excellent communication skills
- WHS project auditing experience
- An ability to analyse safety data, implement strategies and continually improve systems
- A capacity to provide technical support and advice on WHS legislation & code of practices
- A Trade or Tertiary qualification in the Building Industry
- Certificate 4 – safety management
- Internal Auditor Training Certificate
An ability to be decisive in your decision making is crucial to this role. You would most likely be site based for four days a week and office based for one day. It will be up to you how you manage diary as you will know instinctively what projects and what people need your attention at any one time. Projects include but are not limited to the following; aged care, educational, commercial, retail and health. Project sizes up to $200 M.
You will have a significant number of direct reports. You will be supported by an experienced Systems Manager and a Construction Director. This organisation is looking for an injection of energy, enthusiasm and innovative ideas. They want to employ someone who is passionate about the importance of safety and can inspire and motivate others.
For more information please call
T:(02) 9664 8653
M: 0412 322 424
Clinton Recruitment is the preferred recruitment agency of the Master Builders Association of New South Wales.
Clinton Recruitment – Constructing relationships that last!